Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Blaagh, blaagh, blaagh

Hey! Happy New Year!

It's been an odd day, efficient errand running mixed with sleeping in, total wasting of time and sadly putting our 16 year old kitty Wolf to sleep. He was one of those animals you take for granted a bit cause he was always so good-natured. He'd been getting obviously old over the last year or so, losing his hearing (and meowing VERY loudly), living by the water bowl and sitting staring at nothing or communing with the heater, but it was all kind of endearing (except for maybe the meowing in the middle of the night) We'll miss his quirks.

So, clearly it's been a while since I posted anything here. I was just moments ago trying to set up a new blog on WordPress but I gave up cause it wasn't doing what I wanted it to do - even worse than things here don't do what I want them to do. For the time being then, I'm sitting tight here but there's always a chance I'll find the perfect place for my occasional bloggishness and move on.

After much dithering, I'm starting a project to take a photo each day of the year and just see what I come up with. I came across this idea on Photojojo after finding a link on Ali Edwards blog. She always has cool ideas and actually follows through on them, unlike me who follows other's ideas and cools on them rather quickly. But, ever the optimist, I'm trying again - ya never know, I might do it this time. I haven't yet decided whether to make it a photo a day of any sort, or a photo a day on my iPhone so, to cover all bases, I'm doing both today and one will become the official pic whenever I make up my mind.

No comments: